This is a recipe I use for Crispy Roasted Chickpeas. These are great for a snack or to toss with a salad.
- Canned Chickpeas
- Olive oil to coat
- Sea salt
- Your choice of spices
- A clean kitchen towel for drying the chickpeas
- Preheat the over to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and spread them out on the kitchen towel and gently Pat them until dry, remove any loose skins. Completely drying the chickpeas is important; if they are too wet they won’t crisp up in the oven.
- put the chickpeas on the parchment lined baking sheet
- Drizzle with oil and seasoning with sea salt
- Roast until crispy. Check them at the 20 minute mark and continue roasting until crisp.
- After removing from the oven, and while they are still warm, season the chickpeas with your favorite seasonings. I usually use these within a week. After cooling they can be stored in an airtight container.